Monday 23 January 2012

half week in to six week challenge

Hi everybody,thought now would be the perfect time to do my blog as i actualy have 5 mins :) well im now well into the first week of my 6 week challenge and i have to say im really trying my hardest and after a night out of dancing and drinking perhaps a little too many syns of vodka i feel refreshed,i felt a teensy bit good about myself,a little bit of confidence shimmied its way in to my head and has given me a bit of a refreshed boost i think i much needed :) it was nice to get dolled up and put on my gladrags,albeit in a lot bigger sizes than i want to be in but was nice all the same and im sure the dancing will somehow have cancelled out some of the vodka ;) ive been struggling since a little before christmas with being 100% on plan and although i havent eaten what i used to some old habits do creep in a little and it is hard to get your head back in the dieting game as so to speak. I hate those weightwatcher adverts about "playing weightwatchers" i find it a bit of an insult really to all us people out there that want to lose weight,its not a game,its not really that much fun (apart from the actual losing weight getting smaller and buying new clothes part lol) and it can really test your mental health!seriously!you feel sad angry desperate and sometimes its hard to even face food let alone thinking about cooking it,but these days do pass,some times it takes a little while,some times it takes a long while and sometimes not all of us are ready at this precise moment for such a big life changing thing but if there is one thing that kickstarted my brain on saturday was that i do want to go out more and i do want to feel confident and i do want to love myself and feel happy and i dont want my life to be dictated by what i weigh and what clothes size i wear,my journey started lass year and it certainly hasnt stopped and i will keep battling on until ive won this war,because being worst enemies with your body is like being friends with the devil. A good friend of mine said to me last week that i shouldnt let my weight hold me back,which sounds simple enough,but it finally clicked,life doesnt just stop when your losing weight,moments will come and go and before you know it half your life will have flashed by without you even realising it. I have spent most of my life doing this and i think what a shame as its me that is holding me back,why should life start once i become thinner?it should start now,now that ive started these changes,and although i wont always believe my own words this is certainly true and im certainly going to try my hardest whilst losing my weight for it not to hold me back anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment